Maisons de Mode, the organisme to support new designers, is looking for new talents in 2014. If you’re a designer who has launched your own apparel or accessories label, Maisons de Mode could take you to the next level.
Like Orlane Herbin, Lenaklax, Quentin Carnaille, Kika Mishto, Demeure, Justine Clenquet, L’Herbe Rouge, House of Vice, Sarah Sumfleth, Constance L and so many others, you could benefit from Maisons de Mode, whose unique and unprecedented programme in France helps and supports new fashion designers.
• Real talent and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Two or three past collections and points of sale or e-commerce already established.
• A willingness to set up shop in the Metropolitan Lille area in boutiques dedicated to the project.
What we offer
• Boutiques-ateliers in one of the two neighbourhoods dedicated to fashion in Lille and Roubaix.
• Personalised assistance in the development of your business.
• Services such as aid in obtaining loans, management assistance, training, help in defraying the costs of taking part in professional fairs, technical support, networking, participation in high-profile Maisons de Mode events (Marché des Modes fashion market, 48H Maisons de Mode, Nuit des Soldes sales night), media communications & public relations, commercial & promotional partnerships, and more.
Submissions will be judged by a panel who will award the prize of €25,000 during the next 48H Maisons de Mode this autumn.
Deadline for submission of applications: 15 June 2014
For application rules and regulations, visit www.maisonsdemode.com
The Submission Process
Your dossier :
Firstly, each candidate must submit a dossier containing the following:
• Your designer biography and manifesto (curriculum vitae, why you believe you’re ready to launch or expand your own label, etc.)
• A description of your label and its world (inspirations, etc.)
• The plan for your collection (presentation of looks, fabric to be used and perhaps technical specifications) and price studies (production cost, wholesale pricing and retail pricing)
• A three-year business plan containing:
• A projected operating account
• A financial plan
• For already existing companies, your latest balance sheets
• Your label’s ambitions (development of points of sale, showrooms, etc.)
• Your reasons for wanting to join Maisons de Mode
You can submit your dossier by:
• email to email@example.com
• post to Nicolas Nesson, Maisons de Mode, 58-60 Rue du Faubourg des Postes 59000 LILLE, FRANCE
In-depth analysis of your dossier :
Following our receipt of your dossier, the Maisons de Mode team will study it thoroughly. If it is seen that you have real potential, you will be invited for a series of interviews where we will become acquainted with you, answer any questions you might have and allow you clarify certain parts of your dossier.
Further in-depth analysis of your dossier :
You will have the opportunity to present your project in front of a selection committee of fashion industry professionals (a fashion buyer, a trade fair director, a stylist, a financial backer, a patternmaker) who will be responsible for deciding whether you will be invited to join Maisons de Mode.
This year, Maisons de Mode has joined the Meet my Designer platform to offer designer applicants a way to heighten their labels’ profiles. Good luck !
What do Lenaklax, L’Herbe Rouge, Constance L. and Demeure all have in common?
These four young labels have all won the Maisons de Mode Grand Prix. In the last four years, each has walked away with €10,000 in prize money from the competition during the 48H Maisons de Mode. If you’re a designer who wants to become a part of Maisons de Mode and take advantage of all the help and benefits we provide, find out if we’re a good fit for you by clicking here !
The next selection committee will choose candidates in February 2014, so contact us as soon as possible with your dossier to be in the running. The committee will also choose candidates in April (deadline for submissions is 15 March) and July 2014 (deadline for submissions is 1 June).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org